Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Well, I guess all of you thought I'd taken a complete vacation from my blog site after only one attempt at writing --- but, you were wrong. I have been working myself crazy. It seems that everyone wants insurance right now, so I've had to put in some long, hard hours, and it's not over yet! Oh well, I guess that's what you call "job security".

Anyway, things are really getting interesting around here. Hopefully, by Thanksgiving, we'll have a great, big hole in the backyard. It appears we're actually going to put in a swimming pool. Imagine -- living in Florida for over 20 years and have yet to install pool! How could that happen? I've asked myself that question many times since we moved here, since every house we looked at before we moved had a pool except the one we bought. Well, I guess better late than never! It will come just in time for the grandchildren to enjoy when they come to visit. I'll be sure to keep everyone up to date on the progress after we get started.

Well, since it is getting later and later, and I have to be ready for another busy day at work tomorrow, I'll have to continue my dialogue at another time ----

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we're getting a pool! Don't know if this comment will show up on your blog because my last one didn't.

Talk to you soon,

Brian

Melissa said...

No fair! After years (circa 1987 - 1991) of begging, NOW you're getting a pool? :)

Kristi said...

I can't believe that Brian didn't know you were getting a pool! In Florida, this is past due. I know you will enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

An open note to our kids

Yes, we are planning on installing a pool. After years(re: Melissa) of living pay check to pay check we are finally able to afford some creature comforts. Just think how nice it will be to tell your friends that you went swimming at Christmas! Besides, Brian already has his own pool.

dad

Leslie said...

I am truly excited about the pool because I can go swimming all the time!!!! Grant is a little excited too! (He just doesn't know why!) Just think of all the wonderful memories you will have a your grandchildren splashing around in the backyard. I know Granny and Grandad have fond memories of us as kids!