Friday, August 31, 2007

The Quest Continues

Just wanted to finally update the blog..

The swimming pool saga continues. We now have two estimates from well-known area pool companies, but plan to get about 2-3 more before we sign any contracts. Maybe by next summer we will finally have everything completed. We're all very excited about the prospects of having a nice, cool pool to jump into after a hard day at work, but at the same time, are not really looking forward to having the yard torn up and a bunch of machinery coming and going -- and Zack(our 80 lb. yellow lab) will go crazy every time he looks out the back door and sees a yard full of swimming pool installers.

I'm also not looking forward to walking him on the leash whenever he has to go out because our fence will be down. I guess I'll just have to keep the finished product in mind whenever Zack approaches my side of the bed - because he always comes to my side -- and whispers a soft, non-stop "whoof" ( his method of whispering) at 2:00 AM every night. If there's one thing I've learned about Labrador Retrievers over the years, it's that they are all quite persistent - or maybe I should say - insistent - at getting what they want. Even so, they're simply the best! Every family should experience the joys (and challenges) of owning a Lab.

All in all, I guess we'll survive all of the disruption, and be very pleased with our end result. At least, we'll have something that all the family can enjoy, and maybe our children and grandchildren will come to visit just a little more often!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Mrs. Sharon - I want to hear about the story of Brian getting caught on the escalator at the mall! HA!